How Do I Set a Group Policy to Lock a PC After Minutes?
- Click “Start.” Type “Gpedit.msc” into the search box at the bottom of the Start menu. Press “Enter.”
- Click “Yes” in the User Account Control prompt window, if one appears.
- Navigate to the “User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization” folder in the left pane of the Group Policy window.
- Double-click the “Password Protect the Screen Saver” setting in the right pane of the Group Policy Editor window.
- Click “Enabled.” Click “OK.”
- Double-click the “Screen Saver Timeout” setting in the right pane.
- Click “Enabled.”
- Type the number of seconds you want to lock the PC after into the “Seconds” box. For example, type “600” if you want to lock the PC after 10 minutes.
- Click “OK.”